The data for the publications that are not entered in the e-catalogue can be found in the conventional catalogues at the Library (printed or card catalogues).
Since the foundation of the library, there have been different types of catalogues registered in cards, either for the library resources stored in the common collection or for the library resources stored in specific collections and anthologies. With the introduction of automated processes and e-catalogue in 1989 the maintenance of the card catalogues was gradually discarded so from 2002 the only catalogue that has been updated is the basic topographic one.
The card catalogues of the general collection are located in the atrium on the first floor across the desk for lendng books. There are the following conventional card catalogues:
- Alphabetical catalogue of monographic publications (until 1974);
- Alphabetical catalogue of monographic publications (from 1974);
- Alphabetical catalogue of the titles of serial publications;
- UDC catalogue of monographic publications;
- UDC-catalogue of serial publication.
Card catalogues of the special collections and anthologies are located in the premises of the reading rooms.
The library has the following printed catalogues:
- Central Catalogue of monographic publications in the Republic of Macedonia
- Central Catalogue of Serial publications in the Republic of Macedonia
- Central catalogue of Slavic manuscripts in Macedonia
- Central catalogue old-printed and rare library material in the Republic of Macedonia
- Central catalogue of manuals in the Republic of Macedonia